- our story
- prices & procedures
- our practices
- pet advice
- pawsome news
- contact us
Happy New Year!
After all that indulging over the festive period, if you’re feeling the bloat then it’s likely your pet will be too! So it’s no surprise that digestive upsets are common at this time of year, even for your pet! That’s why this month I thought I’d share some of my top tips for tummy trouble.
If your pet is suffering from tummy trouble, here are a few treatments recommend by our vets. There are a number of products we can prescribe, depending on your pet’s symptoms but remember if you are at all worried about your pet just give us a call 🙂
REMEDIES FOR TUMMY TROUBLE
• A bland diet will rest the gut short-term but still gives your pet the essential nutrients and energy they need.
• Probiotics, with their live bacteria will help reduce the number of bad bacteria in the gut.
• Prebiotics work as a food source for the gut’s good bacteria.
• Clays such as kaolin can help firm up loose faeces and help remove toxins from the gut.
• Pectin can also help firm up faeces and soothe the lining of the gut.
Our wonderful nurses run regular health management clinics providing pets of all shapes and sizes with some much needed advice*!
If you spot any sign of your beloved bundle of fluff being unwell, do not hesitate to give one of our friendly vets a call at your local easipetcare practice.
With very best wishes for the year ahead,