Why should I neuter my pet?
Early neutering greatly reduces the chances of some common, potentially life-threatening diseases.
Non-neutered dogs and bitches are at much higher risk of certain cancers, infections and diseases, unplanned litters, birthing problems (such as Dystocia), straying and sex-linked aggression.
Top 5 Benefits of Neutering & Spaying:
- Spaying prevents female dogs or cats coming into season, when they may attract unwanted male attention, become pregnant or have false pregnancies.
- Neutering prevents the risk of testicular cancer in males and spaying reduces the risk of developing uterus infections and cancers in females.
- Animals don’t respect family relationships – siblings will mate. This increases the risk of offspring with birth defects and deformities.
- Neutering animals can reduce the risk of them being stolen for breeding.
- Vet fees for problems during or after pregnancy and birth can be expensive. Offspring might need veterinary attention too.
Back to your practice
Click on your practice mascot to navigate back to your practice homepage
Registering your pet has never been so easi!